Saturday, February 16, 2013

10 Things to Remember for Lent

Despite claims of the "evils" of social media, this has not been my experience. It has been a place where I've been able to re-connect with people that would otherwise be long lost, learn new things, and discuss the issues of the day.  I've found a wealth of spiritual resources shared by my facebook friends. This is one of those resources. It is a list created by Bishop David L. Ricken Green Bay Wisconsin.   I'm sharing his list here, and throughout Lent, I plan to address them with my thoughts in additional posts as well as perhaps share my own top ten.

10 Things to Remember for Lent

  1. Remember the formula. (prayer, fasting, giving) 
  2. It’s a time of prayer.
  3. It’s a time to fast.
  4. It’s a time to work on discipline.
  5. It’s about dying to yourself.
  6. Don’t do too much.
  7. Lent reminds us of our weakness.
  8. Be patient with yourself.
  9. Reach out in charity.
  10. Learn to love like Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment